Shift Supervisor – 3rd Shift
The Shift Supervisor, working in conjunction with the Director of Manufacturing is responsible for providing direction to personnel in order to meet quality, cost and delivery expectations of our customers as well as maintaining a clean and organized working environment for production associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as main contact to shift personnel. Directs personnel on day-to-day activities to meet production demands
- Monitor quality and provide direction to shift personnel to maximize production efficiency.
- Operates molding machines while employees are at breaks and as needed
- Assist with equipment repairs
- Monitor and run all automatic presses and ensure quality products are being produced
- Set-up machine for operators or make adjustments to machines as needed
- Schedule employee breaks to allow constant production
- Ensure machines are running at peak efficiency, rate and quality throughout the shift
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-year technical degree/ tech certification in related field, or 4 years of related experience.
- Must have strong mechanical skills.
- Experience with plastics injection molding required.
- Must be safety conscience and a team player and effective leader; Prior experience leading people.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively among shift personnel as well as to the other shifts.
- Ability to utilize a computer for accessing reports, email and general data entry.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; use foot/feet to operate equipment and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally life and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is a combination of moderate and loud.